|| Home || Portfolio || Order || Tutorials || Freebies ||

Monday, July 4, 2011

Password to Middle Earth -- a Portfolio post by Gwen


For this design, I actually cheated a tiny bit. I took Milisande's freebie, since Alaw liked it so much, and altered it a bit.

*note: I would not do that to any other design blog's background.


For the header, I used Hobbiton Brushand, then added a lighting effect to the text, and an image of the One Ring that I found online. I put it right in the middle, so it sort of looked like the ring was illuminating the text. Behind all that, I used the font Elven Common Speak, and wrote a few lines of J.R.R. Tolkien's "All That Is Gold" poem in random places.

For the background, I cloned the existing design on the sides, and again added some lines of the poem.



















View blog HERE.







1 comment:

Apprentice Seamstress said...

Yeah I noticed that it was slightly changed. But really i gave no thought to it because we sort of share everything on here!